Our Mississauga chiropractors of The Health First Group chiropractic clinic mission is to provide the best possible service delivering effective evidence based care in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere and get you pointed in the right direction towards your individual health goals.
A great place to begin is to notice postural distortions that show up in the head, neck and shoulders:
Without good posture your body is working harder to maintain itself and it may have symptoms such as pain, joint stiffness, and decreased range of motion that occur as a result. More than 80% of neck and back problems are because of tight achy muscles caused by years of bad posture.
So how do you get bad posture?
Several factors can contribute to bad posture including:
- accidents, injuries, and falls
- poor sleep support (mattress and pillows)
- being overweight
- poor vision
- flat feet & improper shoes
- muscles weakness and imbalances
- bad habits in sitting, standing, sleeping, etc.
- poor self esteem
- poorly designed workspace
What happens if I don’t take care of my posture?
If your posture progressively becomes worse many adverse effects may result such as:
- low back pain – most common
- headaches, achy shoulder muscles, arms and hands
- decreased lung capacity
- decreased range of motion
- bowel function
- jaw pain
- contribute to carpal tunnel syndrome
- make you look older
Top 10 reasons why your neighbors is with The Health First Group:
- Back pain.
- Neck pain.
- Strains and sprains from daily activities.
- Stop smoking
- Work and sports-related injuries.
- Restricted movement in the back, shoulders, neck or limbs
- Custom-made orthotics and orthopaedic shoes
*Knowledgeable and friendly healthcare professionals