What is Osteopathy?
Osteopathy could be a manual drug that focuses on total body by treating and strengthening the musculoskeletal framework, which includes the joints, muscles and spin. Its aim is to absolutely have an effect on the body’s nervous, circulatory and lymphatic systems. This therapy is a unique holistic approach to health care. Osteopaths don’t simply consider treating drawback space, but use manual techniques to balance all the systems of the body, to supply overall health and well being. It promotes complete body health by diagnosing and treating the muscles, tendons and joints with the goal of improving the circulatory, lymphatic and nervous systems.
Osteopathy helps decrease stress and minimizes pain through manipulation and mobilization of joints, providing tactile pressure and stretching of the soft tissues in the affected areas.
Conditions commonly treated with osteopathy:
- Lower and upper back problems (sciatica, lamblagia, discopathy, strains )
- Neck and head problem (whiplash, cephalalgia, migraine, sinusitis, TMJ)
- Postural problems (scoliosis, flat back, hypolordosis)
- Digestive problems (irritable bowel syndrome, gastric reflux despise, constipation, abdominal pain)
- Genito-urinary problems (kidney infections, incontinence, menstrual problems)
- Myofascila pain syndrome
Osteopathy and Children
The calm and soothing approach of osteopathy makes it particularly suitable for treating children, as well as newborn babies. Structural issues, such as those affecting the right mobility and performance of the body’s framework, will lead to a multitude of issues. Those issues may include respiratory like asthma, postural like scoliosis, manifestations brain injury such as cerebral palsy and infections such as ear, throat or urinary. Osteopathy will assist within the prevention of health problems, helping youngsters create a smooth transition into normal, healthy adult life. This holistic approach encompasses all functions and influences as well as the body, emotions, mind and spirit.
Benefits of Osteopathy
- Reduce pain and stiffness in muscles and joints
- Increase range of motions in the joints
- Treats spinal problems resulting from poor posture of spinal disk injuries
- Decreases the stress on the joints
- Reduces tension in the body
- Relives tension headaches and migraine headaches
- Helps the body to adapt to normal and structural changes during pregnancy
- Treat trauma resulting from accidents (sport injures, Motor vehicle injures)
- Increase circulation
- Encourage the body to heal itself
- Removes the underlying cause of pain