A lot of people are meaning to try acupuncture but more often than not, there mostly intimidated of the huge and small needles pricked on skin. Acupuncture is a traditional Chinese treatment, also known as one of the most popular alternative treatment for a variety of diseases.
So why would you need an acupuncture. In this article, you will learn the different important reasons why you might need an acupuncture.
Your back is constantly soaring or aching. Acupunctures inserts needles to target portions of your body to alleviate pain and reduce the tension. At the end of the session, you will feel light and comfy.
You are having mood swings. Acupuncture helps relieve stress and stimulate hormonal imbalance so you get back to your normal mood.
You are over stressed. Acupuncture is one way to relax your mind, body, and soul. Especially if you have heavy workload or you have not been on a rest day for quite a while, then an acupuncture can help you feel rested.
You are suffering from insomnia. Acupuncture is believed to stimulate sleep hormones so you can sleep better at night.
You always suffer from heart burn or indigestion. Acupuncture helps aid faster digestion by pressing into your pressure points. It also lets out bad gas so you don’t feel bloated.
What Can You Expect From an Acupuncture?
Are you afraid of the needles? Well, you don’t have to. The needles can sting a little when they are pricked into your skin but as soon as they are inserted, the pain will slowly subside. If it is your first time, the acupuncturist may ask you several questions about your health condition, parts of your body that are painful, and will also check on your wrist pulse.
Every acupuncturist have different style, so it will also help if you choose the one with many experience in the field. During the acupuncture, the practitioner may twirl the needle to reach the painful part.
The treatment will only last for at least 10 to minutes and all you have to do is just lie down. You can also sleep if you want. There is usually no pain or discomfort when the needles are removed.
Proper Acupuncture Etiquette for First Timers
In acupuncture sessions, you are expected to behave in proper manner so your practitioner will not also lose concentration. Here are some things you should do before and during the treatment.
- Don’t wear tight dress. Just wear something that is comfortable, such that it would also allow practitioner to easily put the needle.
- Avoid eating while in the session. You should only be relaxing and be still while the practitioner inserts the needle. In fact, you should not come hungry since the
acupuncture can last up to an hour especially if you have several body pains.
- Turn off any technology. Put off your phone or iPads while having the acupuncture session. One of the essence of acupuncture is to take you away from the hustle bustle of a busy city life and experience mind focusing and meditation. It is the one and only moment yoacu
- u can get away from all the destructions so just enjoy it.
- List attentively to your practitioner. Just focus on what your practitioner says. Remember that acupuncture is something that you need to take seriously so you also get the most of its benefits.
- Avoid drinking coffee while you are having the session. You cannot do both things together even if both can make you feel comfortable. At some points, the practitioner will tell you to lie on your back somehow putting your stomach on a pressured position. If your stomach is full of acid, there is a high possibility that you might throw up.