If you’re experiencing lower back pain in Mississauga, below are some tips on how to help relieve some of that pain.
- You may feel like resting may be the best idea for pain relief, however, moving around is better. It’s a good idea to get active and move your back and related muscles. Avoid workouts which put too much stress and strain on the back.
- Partial crunches:
- Lie back with your knees bent and feet flat
- Keep stomach muscles tight, as you raise shoulders from the floor breathing out.
- Hold at this position for a second and slowly lower yourself back to the ground.
- Hamstring stretches:
- Lie on your back with one knee bent
- Thread a towel underneath your foot (on the one with an unbent leg)
- Pull back on the towel slowly, straightening your knee
- Hold for 15-30 seconds
- Repeat a few sets for each leg
- Wall Sits
- Keep a distance of 8-12 inches from the wall with your back facing it
- Lean onto the wall with your back and lower yourself slowly until your knees are slightly bent
- Slowly count to 10
- Repeat a few sets
- Seeking a Health Professional:
- Chiropractic Care: adjustments, manipulation, mobilization, exercises, and soft tissue therapy
- Registered Massage Therapy: deep tissue therapy, trigger point therapy, therapeutic therapy
- Physiotherapy: strengthening of your abdominal and lower back muscles
Always get your doctor’s recommendation of which exercises to conduct.
If you’re looking for health care treatments to help with lower back pain relief, then please reach out to us below. We have three convenient locations to serve you at in Mississauga and Etobicoke.