It’s impressive how massage can relieve a person’s body, mind and soul – no wonder why almost everyone loves it. However, beyond the apparent wonders of physiotherapy, there are also some things that you need to do in order to enjoy its best quality.
1. It’s okay to get naked down there. Don’t put any malice in getting naked. In fact, most Physiotherapy Clinic Mississauga would require you to take off your dress, so the massage therapist can have massage your back freely.
It’s normal that you can be a little uncomfortable, especially if you are a first-timer but there is no harm in doing it. Professional massage therapists will also give you sheets or draping so your lower parts are covered as you lie down in the massage table.
2. Breathe. Hey, you are trying to relax when you get a massage so just breathe. Sometimes, when your massage therapist is working out a particular knot in your body, it can be painful and it’s normal to get tensed. But it’s okay, the pain can be quick and later on, you will feel that relaxing feeling flowing throughout your muscles and veins. It is important that you breathe deeply to oxygenate your body. This is also one way to smoothen your tense muscle. At some point, when the customer is too tensed, the muscle can get stiff making it hard to massage.
3. Drink a lot of water after your massage session. Providing your body with proper hydration right after your massage session, is crucial to re-energize your muscles. Similar to work-out , massage can make you feel thirsty and tired.
4. Shower BEFORE you get a massage and not AFTER the massage. Getting a hot shower before the massage can relieve your muscles before going to the massage parlor. Hot water can relax your tissues, so you are kept at ease as the massage goes on. Showering after massage can cause muscle spasm or fatigue, which is why it is bad to shower after massage. Especially if your massage therapist has been working on a muscle knot, it is highly recommended to relax your body right after.
5. Exercise before going for a massage. If your goal is to get fit and healthy, exercise and massage can be a great combination. So go short exercise, Zumba, or Yoga in the morning and you can get a cool massage in the evening. This helps you relieve your stressed muscles.
6. Specify the type of massage that you want. It’s okay to call on your therapist first and inform them of the type of massage that you want for the day. This allows the clinic to prepare ahead of time and if the service is not available for the moment, the clinic will also have a chance to inform you back before you get to the clinic.
7. Speak Up. If the massage is to tight or painful for you, just speak right up. You can politely tell to your massage therapist to loosen up a bit. This will allow you to breathe, especially if you are so tense. However, if you have a problem with the therapist herself, it’s best to talk to your primary therapist and communicate your concern.
As you can see, getting the best massage from a Physiotherapy Clinic Mississauga partially depends on the things you communicate or do towards them. For best results, just follow these simple tips and you will be just fine.