Milton physiotherapy focuses on helping individuals suffering with musculoskeletal problems. It can help those who have endured injury, pain and stiffness. The focus of this treatment is to achieve a quick recovery as well as an energetic lifestyle. Physiotherapy uses a wide variety of techniques that allows your muscles and joints to work at their maximum potential. Physiotherapy in Milton can provide you with the results you need to a healthy and pain free life.
The Health First Group offers physiotherapy treatment provided by trained professionals in Milton . At The Health First Group, our physiotherapists assist our patients regain an active and energetic lifestyle. Mobile physiotherapy services can provide you with our treatments in the privacy and comfort of your own home.
Got pain in your back or neck keeping you from enjoying life? If you suffer with pain that is affecting your daily life, physiotherapy might be what you’ve been looking for.
What is Physiotherapy in Milton?
Physiotherapy in Milton helps improve the ease of mobility and function for a patient. This form of treatment can also be used to help with injury prevention and refine muscle function. Your physiotherapy treatment will be based on your lifestyle as well as the needs of your body. This process will begin with a thorough diagnosis that will determine whether you require active or passive physiotherapy. Active physiotherapy will require stretches and exercises. Passive physiotherapy will be derived of massage therapy, electrotherapy or even heat therapy.
Neck pain can often be caused due to muscle strain. Neck pain can often occur after a sports injury, whiplash or simply even poor posture.
Back pain can be onset by many factors some of which include natural wear-and-tear, osteoarthritis, lumbar disc herniation and many other reasons. Individuals that suffer with back pain typically experience a lot of discomfort; which can be limiting within their daily lives.
How Physiotherapy will help you?
- Strengthening your Muscles: Your physiotherapist will provide you with various exercises and stretches based on the needs of your body. These movements will help strengthen the surrounding muscles of your neck and back.
- Eliminate Stiffness: Sitting for long periods time can lead to knots and stiffness in your back and neck area. A physiotherapist will use various techniques to relieve these tough knots in your back.
- Improve Flexibility: As people begin to age, it is common for their flexibility to decrease. Thus, it is important you visit a physiotherapist to maintain a healthy level of flexibility.
- Preventative Measures: If you are a rigorous athlete you may consider Physiotherapy, as you are regularly putting pressure or strain on your muscles and joints. It is important to ensure that your body is not overworked to prevent and minimize the risk of injury. Visiting a physiotherapist will ensure that the stress in your muscles is relieved!
Although physiotherapy consists of a wide range of approaches and techniques, they are often used in combination to achieve the maximum level of effectiveness. It is best to consult and inform your physiotherapist of your needs and any health related information. Some of the techniques that physiotherapists in Milton utilize include joint manipulation, muscle stretching (PNF), shockwave therapy and even physiotherapy instrument mobilization (PIM).
Joint manipulation and mobilization is a manual therapy technique that is used to treat and rehabilitate the joints. Joint manipulation includes a quick thrust of the joint to provide instant relief. However, Joint mobilization is the use of slow movements of the joint. This may be effective for those who have suffered injury or have stiffness in their joints and muscles.
Muscle stretching, often known as Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF), is a unique technique that overtime allows the muscles to stretch and relax. This is beneficial for athletes, as vigorous exercise can shorten and tighten the muscles. The process of muscle contraction can help elongate muscles. This essentially also promotes flexibility and muscle endurance.
Shockwave therapy uses a device that provides quick pain relief as well as mobility restoration. It is a device that targets painful areas with an acoustic high-energy wave. This promotes regeneration and rehabilitation of the joints, tendons and soft tissue. This method can be used to treat many acute and chronic illnesses.
Physiotherapy instrument mobilization (PIM) uses a mechanical spring based instrument to mobilize you spinal and peripheral joints. It is primarily used to eliminate and ease of stiff joints. This technique makes use of physiotherapy’s palpation skills, tension tests as well as neurological testing.
The treatment programs The Health First Group offers are as follows:
- Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA) and injuries (motor vehicle, sports, workplace, etc.)
- Neck & back pain
- Workplace injuries
- Sports injuries
- Postural problems
- Foot injuries and foot related problems
- Lower back and neck pain and injuries
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Laser and ultrasound therapy / Traction therapy
- Shockwave Therapy
- Active / passive physiotherapy / manual therapy
- Chronic Pain
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Joint Disorders
With our help, feeling great is within reach! Call The Health First Group in Milton, and book an assessment with our physiotherapists to regain your health to its fullest potential. Let our registered professionals work with you so that you can feel the freedom that comes with increased motion and flexibility, returning you to the active life you deserve.
Physiotherapy in Milton