It’s true that one in five Canadians will experience low back pain. If you are experiencing low back pain in Mississauga, Milton, or Etobicoke then be sure to book an appointment with one of our physiotherapists. Today, we’ll discuss the advantages of having an ergonomic setup and it will ultimately lead to a reduction or elimination of low back pain.
Firstly, physiotherapists are professionals with the ability to conduct an ergonomic assessment of your working environment to ensure it is correct. Having an ergonomically fit work environment will allow for the reduction or elimination of pain in your muscles, joints, back, neck, feet, and so forth. As many individuals are working from home, we encourage their employers to provide the ability for their employees to have access to such an assessment. Many will have extended healthcare options which they can exercise to be given an ergonomic assessment. However, for those without extended healthcare working from home, we would encourage you to send this article to your employer to take a read.
Here are some reasons why an employer and employee can benefit from an ergonomic assessment:
- Reduces the chances of sick leave in relation to body, joint, and muscle pains
- It can increase the efficiency of the employee as they will be able to be better focused without having pain
- Increase in employee morale as they will know that they have been provided with the correct equipment and assessments
- Reduction or elimination in musculoskeletal injuries
- It is cost effective as there will be a reduction in sick pay and the need for temporary workers to replace the employee
What does an ergonomic assessment include?
An ergonomic assessment can include, but not limited to:
- Adjusting the eye level of the screen with the patient through the adjustment of one’s desk, screen height, or chair height
- Ensuring there is enough room to work around the workplace environment
- Ensuring the correct lighting is present
- The use of eyewear
- The importance of taking breaks, walks, etc. while working
- Analyzing working duties, for example the need to bend, lift, repetitive movements, etc.
- Posture analysis
Book an appointment today at The Health First Group Mississauga, Milton, or Etobicoke and receive an ergonomic assessment by our certified physiotherapists.
6981 Millcreek Drive, Unit 8
Mississauga, Ontario, L5N 6B8
200 Matheson Blvd W #104
Mississauga, ON, L5R 3L7
415 The Westway, Unit 12B
Etobicoke, ON, M9R 1H5
174 Mill Street, Suite 105
Milton, ON, L9T 1S2