The importance of taking care of your overall well-being, how during the pandemic.
What is well-being:
Well-being is the idea of taking care of yourself so that your overall health and lifestyle is healthy and positive. This means taking care of your physical, emotional and mental health is essential for taking care of your overall well-being.
“With the psychological impact of the pandemic likely to linger for years, self-care is not a luxury but a public health necessity. Focusing on mental wellness is a collective social responsibility.” World Economic Forum, 23 July 2021, https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2021/07/pandemic-mental-health-wellness-self-care/
The importance of taking care of your overall well being is to improve your overall health and improve the area around you. Individuals that ignore the importance of taking care of their well-being can lead to negative consequences such as more mental health issues, skin breakouts, tiredness and lack of motivation. While those that maintain the importance of their well-being benefit with increased motivation, positive attitude, better lifestyle and lower chances of mental health issues. Solutions such as surrounding yourself with the people you love is shown to have many positive effects on one’s well being. Whatever way keeps you positive and healthy, continue taking care of your overall well-being.
What is physiotherapy:
Physiotherapy is helping those who have an injury, pain, or stiffness in their muscle or joints. Physiotherapists are the ones that help individuals manage pains and discomforts through treatments, massages and various exercises.
Here are some tips and advice that we recommend for improving your well-being:
- Get enough sleep: not getting the right amount of sleep will makes yourself and your body tired the next day. Taking time to relax your body and mind will give your mind better focus the next day. Having a regular sleep routine and getting the average 8 hours of sleep each day allows your body and mind to heal and get energy so that the next day you can have better motivation and a positive and active attitude.
- Setting time for yourself: setting time to take care of yourself is essential in maintain a positive well-being. This can easily be done by spending time with your interests and hobbies, binge watching your favourite show or even catching up on sleep. Mental selfcare will allow you to reflect on yourself and become more aware of what is happening around you.
- Keep a positive mindset: in times like this it is easy to fall into the wrong path. Keeping a positive mindset will allow you to better your self-esteem. This can easily be done through acts of kindness, giving back to your community or even just using your manners. Having a positive attitude will allow yourself to feel better about yourself and will help improve your well-being.
- Spend time with loved ones: communicating with loved ones is one of the best ways to better your well-being. This can easily be done by spending time and connecting with family and friends. Spending time with loved ones to catch up or just talk betters your self-esteem as you express gratitude for the things you have in your life.
- Take care of your physical and mental health: Looking after your physical and mental health is essential in maintain a positive well-being. You can easily take care of your physical health by exercising, eating and drinking healthy or going on self-reflecting walks. Taking care of your mental health can be done by meditating, talking to others and even through breathing excises.
Following some of these simple recommendations can help benefit yourself in improving your overall well-being and self wellness.
How can physiotherapy help my overall well-being:
Physiotherapists help individuals through relieving their physical and body pains and discomforts. They help individuals by releasing pain, improved posture, flexibility and treating discomfort. Physiotherapy allows one to relieve discomforts to better their wellness which will benefit with an overall improved well-being.
Connect with service offered:
When looking for more advanced ways to relief pains and discomforts, we provide Physiotherapy Treatments that can help you. At The Health First Group, we have physiotherapists at our Mississauga Millcreek, Mississauga Matheson, Milton, and Etobicoke locations. We offer treatments such as chronic pain, workplace injury, neck and back pain and much more that will help relieve your pains to better your wellness. When deciding to improve your well-being, it is important to also take care of your physical health, consider visiting us for your physiotherapy needs.
Dr. Preety Somal, Chiropractor
Preety works at The Health First Group’s Milton and Mississauga Millcreek Chiropractic Clinic